Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active Directory users from wrong domains are displayed in FNMS

Hello community,

We have:

• domain X (foobar.x.com)
  • domain Y (foobar.y.com)
  • domain Z (foobar.z.com)

When we go to Enterprise -> All Users in Flexnet Manager Suite (server is located in domain X) we see the users from our Active Directory. When I click on "Show column groupings" and drag the field domain name in the box, FNMS shows me all users, grouped by domain. I expect to see only one domain, which is domain X. But I am also seeing users from domain Y and Z. 

On the beacon server in the beacon GUI we have configured  Active Directory to only include foobar.x.com. We don't understand why we see Y and Z aswell. 

There is a trust relationship between X and Y. Z has no trust relationships.

Why do we see all users from different domains, and how do we prevent the AD from importing users from other domains into FNMS?

(5) Replies

You may share user details with AD team & get confirmation if they are getting populated in all 3 domain.

dbeckner
By Level 10 Champion
Level 10 Champion

@bleepie  Other inventory connections like SCCM and Tanium will also populate users in the All Users view. If you are not specifying another domain in your Beacon AD import then I would suspect your inventory connections are bringing in users from those domains.

How do I find out which sources are populating "All Users"? We don't have SCCM and Tanium configured. When I go to the users there is no info displayed, the only thing I see is when I look into the History tab of a specific user, the following:

Created by:
None

Creation date:
10-2-2023 02:31:01

Last updated by:
None

Last updated date:
None

Can you check some sample user domain information.

Refer below link for user info details from AD

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/activedirectory/get-aduser?view=windowsserver2022-ps

Is it possible for you to run the AD Import again, make a copy of the import file and then crack it open to see if these other domains are in it?  If they are, then that's why you're seeing it in FNMS.

--Mark