cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activated Processor cores

In order to calculate RVU tier table, we need to know how many Activated Processor cores are available in a server.  Need to check whether the Activated Processor core information is discovered in Flexera? If yes, where is the option to check the data? 

@kclausen 

(3) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
The "Cores" property on each inventory device record will generally give the number of processor cores which are activated on the device. The exact details of where this data comes from for each device will depend on the tool that you are using to gather inventory.
(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Thanks for the note.

I could see Processor & Core information in the Device properties tab.

All Inventory->search for a Server name->Hardware-> Processor & Core. Is this right path or do we have activated processor core information available somewhere? I need to find the activated processor core information for a particular server to work on the IBM RVU metric.

In online, I could see activated processor core values as 45,000, 30,000, et., but here I could see single digit value. Just wanted to make whether my understanding is correct.

@ChrisG 

You haven't identified the particular software that you are seeking to calculate RVU consumption for, but my guess is that it is software which is managing something across many computers. The RVU consumption is likely based on the number of activated cores on all the computers that the software is managing, not the number of cores on the server the software itself is installed on.

You may need to identify which computers in the organization are being managed by the software in question - FlexNet won't be able to do that directly for you automatically, but data from FlexNet may help you in that process. Once you've done that, to identify the RVU consumption you will need to add up the number of cores from all those devices, which the "Cores" property value on the individual device records may help with.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)