cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accounts: Enable/Disable and Consequences

Hi - as part of our security review, I disabled an account within the "Accounts" section as I did not recognize the user.  The following day, the user reached out and verified they did want to continue to have access.  Upon re-enabling the account the user has noticed their saved reports appear to be missing.

I don't see this behavior documented in /Suite/Help/webhelp/index.html#topics/Accounts-Account_Properties.html, but I have a vague recollection that this may be expected behavior.

Can anyone clarify or elaborate consequences for disable/re-enable?

Thanks,

David

NTT DATA Services

(1) Solution
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
I'm not aware of an account disabled/reenabled operation causing saved reports to disappear, but that doesn't mean it isn't a consequence. i.e. It may be my understanding that is limited, not that your observation connecting the two things is wrong.

I can't think of any other consequences of doing a disable/reenable. I'd generally expect it to be a fairly innocuous operation.
(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(2) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
I'm not aware of an account disabled/reenabled operation causing saved reports to disappear, but that doesn't mean it isn't a consequence. i.e. It may be my understanding that is limited, not that your observation connecting the two things is wrong.

I can't think of any other consequences of doing a disable/reenable. I'd generally expect it to be a fairly innocuous operation.
(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

@ChrisG - thanks for the response.  In this case, the user in question failed to connect to VPN to access Flexera when his account was restored.  We got him sorted out and he discovered his reports were still available.  Thanks.