Highlighted
Flexera Alumni (Retired)

Re: Access or Update FNMS Cloud Data using PowerShell

It say that it returned 2133 bytes , what is in that response ?

There should be something that indicate what is going on ...

Here is a Body that I know works . you need to change the report id 😉

<soap:Envelope xmlns:soap="http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-envelope" xmlns:tem="http://tempuri.org/">
   <soap:Body>
      <tem:GetCustomView>
         <tem:customViewID>8605</tem:customViewID>
         <tem:rowLimit>100000</tem:rowLimit>
		</tem:GetCustomView>
   </soap:Body>
</soap:Envelope>

Regards

Kim

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

It is possible that the service operator account the bearer token ID is from is not in any roles that would grant access to the data you would expect to see in the report? If the role membership of the operator account is different from the role membership of the account you use for interactively accessing the UI then that could explain different results.

(Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".)
Highlighted
Flexera beginner

That was it!

I've given the Operator rights to the account to test the suggestion, and it works. I'll fine-tune the access rights now.

Thank you very much.

No bloody A, B, C or D.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional contributor

Hi Chris,

Can the GetCustomView script be extended to support custom views in addition to custom reports? I'm trying to generate alerts about failed system tasks and the best I can do on FNMS Cloud is create a custom view of the System Tasks page.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

@ticalotta - the API can only be used to access data that is exposed in reports sorry. It cannot be used to get data shown in other pages in the UI.

(Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".)
0 Kudos