cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi All

I am receiving the below error when integrating AWS into FNMS 2019 R1.

Inventory gathering failed. Error: Name resolution failure attempting to reach service in region us-east-1 (as supplied to the -Region parameter or from configured shell default). Unable to connect to the remote server. Possible causes: - The region may be incorrectly specified (did you specify an availability zone?). - The service may not be available in the region. - No network connectivity.

I have installed the powershell but it does not seem to Accept the Region when i change it. It defaults back to us-east-1

How do we make the region permanent on this?

(7) Replies

@iammanzi  Is it possible  AWS connector connection is going through the proxy and proxy is not configured when creating AWS connection? It looks like it is not able to reach out to AWS instance.

Can you check if proxy is in use and try to configure AWS using proxy settings, i am assuming you are using FNMS 2019 R1 beacon along with FNMS 2019 R1.

Thanks

Aamer

Hi Aamer

Proxy is configured in IE. And yes i am using FNMS 2019 R1  and beacon 2019 r1

regards

manish

The proxy dies not accept when i add it as well

@AamerSharif  - Any ideas

I agree with the earlier post from @mag00_75 . We have a modified adapter after 2019 R2 to address this error. If the above does not help, then please contact the Support team and they can help provide the modified adapter.

@Alpesh  @mag00_75  - i tried the new logic.ps1 , it kinda worked. Now i get a different region error, well the same error different region

Inventory gathering failed. Error: Name resolution failure attempting to reach service in region ca-central-1 (as supplied to the -Region parameter or from configured shell default). Unable to connect to the remote server. Possible causes: - The region may be incorrectly specified (did you specify an availability zone?). - The service may not be available in the region. - No network connectivity. See https://docs.aws.amazon.com/general/latest/gr/rande.html for the latest service availability across the AWS regions.