Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sourav_sengupta
Occasional contributor

Re: ARL, SKU, PURL Import Error

Jump to solution

Hi @kclausen ,

Please find my answers below:

1. While trying to run/execute the MSI file, we see nothing is happening. Tried to run through CMD but got an error stating "access denied". Windows Team has also tried on behalf of us, but they were also unable to execute the files and got an error for pre-requisite of "ODBC Driver 11 for SQL".

Because we were also told by Flexera that sqlcmd.exe is being installed at the time of installing "SQL Server Management Studio" and as this also suffice the requirement of ODBC Driver, we installed it on our Application Server as well (we are following a single application server approach). However, it did not resolve the issue. We are still getting the same error. SQL Server Management Studio has been installed under different directory of C drive consisting the "sqlcmd.exe" file.

Please find the paths for the files (which are playing roles here) below:

i) C:\Program Files (x86)\Flexera Software\FlexNet Manager Platform\DotNet\bin

Recognition.exe

ii) C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\Client SDK\ODBC\130\Tools\Binn

SQLCMD.EXE

2. We have logged into application server using "fnms-admin" which has admin access over there.

And, for configuration "svc-flexnet" has been used as advised in the Flexera Installing Guide document.

Please let me know if you come across any idea to fix the above issue.

Thanks & regards,

Sourav

0 Kudos
fenluo
Flexera beginner

Jump to solution

Hello 

we have the same error message, you need to install odbc driver for you specific sqlserver version and then install sqlcmd, we are using sql server management studio 18.2, we installed msodbcsql_17.4.1.1_x64.msi and then MsSqlCmdLnUtils.msi, problem resolved

sourav_sengupta
Occasional contributor

Jump to solution

Hi @fenluo / @kclausen ,

1. ODBC Driver ("msodbcsql") has been installed as we have installed SQL Server Management Studio v.17.9.1.

2. After that as well we have tried to execute MsSqlCmdLnUtils.msi through cmd, but error reflected stating "access denied".

3. Now, we are providing here one screenshot, we doubt the issue lies here. We have tried executing the following script from the path where "Recognition.exe" file is existing:

"Recognition.exe -I C:\Temp\ARL"

But we are getting and error which is highlighting a filename: "ARLCreateTables.sql"

I would like to get your kind help to understand why the scripting process is looking for a ".sql" file instead of the ARL cab file (i.e. "RecognitionAfter82")?

If existence of the file can resolve this issue, can you please advise how to avail the same or what process or steps need to be followed in order to run the script successfully without errors?

Please find the screenshot below for a better understanding of the above-mentioned issue:

02. ARL Script Run Error.JPG

Thanks & regards,

Sourav

0 Kudos
Flexera kclausen
Flexera

Jump to solution

There is a scheduled task that runs automatically runs the entire process to download the current content files and then import them into FNMS?

Or, is the issue that your FNMS Application Server does not have Internet Access and you are trying to perform the process manually?  If this is the case, the command that you are entering to perform the import is not correct.

Please download the current instructions for installing FNMS On-Premises:

https://helpnet.flexerasoftware.com/fnms2019r1/EN/WebHelp/PDF%20Documents/On-Prem/Installing%20FNMS%...

Go to page 75 and follow the instructions in the section named "Manual Updates of Library Data"

0 Kudos
Flexera kclausen
Flexera

Jump to solution

As a follow up, Microsoft has recently changed what is bundled into the installation of SQL Server Management Studio.  Starting with version 10.0 of SSMS, the SQL Server Command Line Utilities (including SQLCMD.EXE) are no longer installed and therefore must be installed separately.