cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello Dear Community,

I was just curious to know if there was something that I can learn from an API perspective that Flexnet Manager Suite Cloud actually has in it's OOTB solution. When there comes a need to integrate systems via API calls.

Any information shared would be appreciated, which would help me dig much deeper.

Thank you

Abhilash M

(1) Solution

FlexNet does have a SOAP API for extracting report data. See this thread for some more information: Access or Update FNMS Cloud Data using PowerShell. Do be aware of the constraints that @Jellou has accurately noted.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(5) Replies
Jellou
By Level 5 Flexeran
Level 5 Flexeran
FlexNet Manager Suite does have an internal API that other Flexera products (like App Portal) make use of. However the current situation is that this API is not documented, supported or guaranteed to remain unchanged over future product updates. So it is not very effective for your own production use.

The recommendation for incorporating additional data is via a Business Adapter or Inventory Adapter which can be created with Business Adapter Studio/Inventory Adapter Studio respectively.

FlexNet does have a SOAP API for extracting report data. See this thread for some more information: Access or Update FNMS Cloud Data using PowerShell. Do be aware of the constraints that @Jellou has accurately noted.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

@ChrisG  & @Jellou  Thank you for your valuable inputs!

Does Flexnet On-Premise provide a similar SOAP API?

Yes, the internal unsupported API discussed in this thread is currently available in both FlexNet Manager Suite On-premises and FlexNet Manager Suite Cloud.