cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2019r2 Agent NDI files with no hardware & OS details

Hi All,

We have devices with Agent v14.1 installed. Recently i have noticed 2 entry for 1 device on the All Inventory page. 1st record with all the values(serial number,ipaddress,OS etc.,) & last inventory date of 20/05/202 and 2nd record with almost no values and last inventory date of 21/05/2020. Hence i validated the ndi file of 21st and found NDI file have computername,user,domain etc., but does not have any tags like Win32_ComputerSystem, Win32_ComputerSystemProduct etc., from the Evidence="WMI".It jmostly have the uninstall & file informations.

Also the 21st ndi file does not have Agentid value. I believe due to which it created a duplicate entry with just computer name and no other information. Agent is running using System account.

Till 20th may it worked fine and 21st May issue occured, issue occured on around 30+ devices. Any suggestion on where to check for the issue would be very much helpful.

Thank you
Sasi

(8) Replies
Hello @sasikumar_r,

The wmitrack.ini file contains the references for the agent to determine which WMI information to collect. Does this file still exist on the impacted devices?

It should be located in the same folder as ndtrack.exe - C:\Program Files (x86)\ManageSoft\Tracker by default.

HTH,
Joseph
If my response answered your question satisfactorily, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to heighten visibility for future customers!
mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

Hi Sasi,

Did you see any changes? What have the subsequent inventories been like? Was it a one time issue?

Best regards,

Markward

Hi @jjensen ,

Thank you for your response! i will check for the wmitrackini file and let you know if it is there or not.

Hi @mfranz ,

No it is a not one time issue, Subsequent inventories failed to collect the information of the device. As Jjensen suggested i will check for the wmitrack.ini file is available or not.

Thank you

Sasi 

Hi Sasi,

When you're on the system checking the wmitrack.ini, please make sure to grab the logs as well. They might indicate a change between 20th and 21th, perhaps an Agent update?

Best regards,

Markward

A common reason for missing hardware details like this on particular computers is that the Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) subsystem is not operational for some reason on those computers.

Executing a PowerShell statement like the following and verifying whether valid output is received on a problematic computer can be a useful way to do a basic test of whether WMI is operational:

PS C:\> Get-WmiObject Win32_ComputerSystem

Domain              : acme.com
Manufacturer        : Dell Inc.
Model               : XPS 13 9365
Name                : ALT-300170
PrimaryOwnerName    : ACME Corp
TotalPhysicalMemory : 17046679552

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your response! I could see the issue is intermittent some times Agent is picking all the information & sometimes it is not picking any information. Most critical thing on this issue i could see is,  Agent is not picking AgentUniqueID, sometimes it is saying null & sometimes it is creating a new Agentunique id. due to this there 2 to 3 inventory records is getting created for same device. I have attached tracker.log of a device, on which you could see the same. Please search with Agent unique ID for this machine:   on the attached 3 log files. you could see different values fetched for the same device. the issue is not occuring on all the devices because of which we are not able to find the root cause. When tracker did not get agentuniqueid at that time no hardware & os details are fetched.

Thank you

Sasi

@sasikumar_r 

If you haven't got these issues resolved I would recommend opening a support case to get further assistance in troubleshooting. And also, if please inform the community about the solutions if you think its members could benefit from them.

Thanks,

Hi @JohnSorensenDK 

I have a case already opened and technician is working on it. i will post the solution on the community once we identify it.

Thank you

Sasi