The Application Recognition Library (ARL), as used by FlexNet Manager, has been updated. The updated version for the ARL is #2513.
The Service Life Data Pack available version is #357.
What's new in this release
Changes to note:
- Over 20 Tier 2 and Tier 3 publisher names have been updated according to the latest vendor literature.
- Oracle LMS scripts have been updated for below points and the revision number is 50:
Enhances the detection of the Advanced Compression option for Oracle Database to show more compression usage evidences.
Extends the detection of Real Application Clusters (RAC) option for Oracle Database to prevent inadvertent recognition of Real Application Cluster One Node.
Count of new applications added:
|Publisher||Number of Applications|
|Other 91 Publishers||194|
Current Library Totals:
- Number of applications in ARL: 301,385 across 17,939 publishers.
- Number of evidence recognition rules: 1,029,099
- Installer evidence rules: 676,536
- File evidence rules: 350,909
- WMI evidence rules: 1,294
- Application suite evidence rules: 360
- Number of commercial applications with service life dates: 53,310
Details of changes in the ARL
You can inspect changes made in this ARL release as per the following links:
- List of new applications added: https://flexera-esd.flexnetoperations.com/flexnet/operations/WebContent?fileID=NewApplicationsARL251...
- List of new versions of applications added: https://flexera-esd.flexnetoperations.com/flexnet/operations/WebContent?fileID=NewVersionsARL2513
- List of new publishers added: https://flexera-esd.flexnetoperations.com/flexnet/operations/WebContent?fileID=NewPublishersARL2513
- List of applications updated in the release: https://flexera-esd.flexnetoperations.com/flexnet/operations/WebContent?fileID=UpdatedApplicationsAR...
Updating library data
FlexNet Manager Cloud: These updates are expected to be installed prior to Monday, May 11, 2020.
FlexNet Manager On-premises: This library release will be applied to your FlexNet Manager according to schedule settings and processes configured for your instance. If your environment requires to you manually download and update library data, see the following article for guidance: Downloading the FlexNet Manager Suite Content libraries manually.
You can inspect the versions of currently installed libraries using the system Menu > System Health > System Health Dashboard menu option in FlexNet Manager.
Upcoming ARL and Service Life Data Pack updates: We nominally expect the next ARL and Service Life Data Pack updates to be published on or around Thursday, May 14, 2020.
Reporting issues with ARL and SLDP updates
Should you have any issues related to FlexNet Manager library data, please submit a case by logging in to the Flexera Community and then select the Get Support > Open new case menu option.
We are interested in feedback on these announcements. If you have any questions or suggestions for improvements, please comment below.
We trust that you will find this update helpful and look forward to continually improving your application recognition results.
Flexera Content Team
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.