The Application Recognition Library (ARL), as used by FlexNet Manager, has been updated. The updated version for the ARL is #2424.
The Service Life Data Pack has been updated to version #273.
What's new in this release
Changes to note:
- 06 publishers have been updated to their current acquirer.
- Includes below updates on Oracle Java related applications to be in sync with commercialization.
- Existing ARL installer evidence have been cleaned up for JRE and JDK w.r.t its versions, resulting in recovering it to a template of 'major.minor'.
- The software title names have been synced with the Oracle market versions.
- All the Oracle Java related applications are now classified according to the vendor literature. Current ARL has 09 commercial Java Development Kit apps.
- Added software titles for Oracle Java Development Kit Standard and Enterprise with 8 different versions.
- Adobe Creative Cloud desktop applications have been cleaned up w.r.t their evidence association.
- Includes updates on Oracle recognition capabilities as listed below:
- Corrects usage count for the Oracle Database Partitioning option.
- Prevents a standby instance of Data Guard counting as use of the Active Data Guard option.
- Reports use of the Multi-tenant option only when there are multiple plug-gable databases.
- Improves tracking of different compression algorithms when using the Advanced Compression option with Oracle 12c.
- Reports the Oracle In-Memory Column Store feature for Oracle Database version 126.96.36.199 and later (note that in Oracle MOS DOC ID 1317265.1, Oracle deprecated earlier versions of their feature usage reporting as faulty).
- Improves detection of use for the following Oracle Database Management Packs: Cloud Management Pack, Configuration Management Pack, Data Masking Pack, Diagnostics Pack and Tuning Pack.
Count of new applications added:
|Publisher||Number of Applications|
|Software in the Public Interest||6|
|20 other publishers||44|
Current Library Totals:
- Number of applications in ARL: 283,435 across 17,390 publishers.
- Number of evidence recognition rules: 968,764
- Installer evidence rules: 633,526
- File evidence rules: 333,608
- WMI evidence rules: 1,273
- Application suite evidence rules: 357
- Number of commercial applications with service life dates: 31,904
Details of changes in the ARL
You can inspect changes made in this ARL release as per the following links:
- List of new applications added: https://flexera-esd.flexnetoperations.com/flexnet/operations/WebContent?fileID=NewApplicationsARL242...
- List of new versions of applications added: https://flexera-esd.flexnetoperations.com/flexnet/operations/WebContent?fileID=NewVersionsARL2424
- List of applications updated in the release: https://flexera-esd.flexnetoperations.com/flexnet/operations/WebContent?fileID=UpdatedApplicationsAR...
- List of new publishers added: https://flexera-esd.flexnetoperations.com/flexnet/operations/WebContent?fileID=NewPublishersARL2424
Updating library data
FlexNet Manager Cloud: These updates are expected to be installed prior to Monday, June 3, 2019.
FlexNet Manager On-premises: This library release will be applied to your FlexNet Manager according to schedule settings and processes configured for your instance. If your environment requires to you manually download and update library data, see the following article for guidance: Downloading the FlexNet Manager Suite Content libraries manually.
You can inspect the versions of currently installed libraries using the system Menu > System Health > System Health Dashboard menu option in FlexNet Manager.
Upcoming ARL and Service Life Data Pack updates: We nominally expect the next ARL and Service Life Data Pack updates to be published on or around Thursday, June 6, 2019.
Reporting issues with ARL and SLDP updates
Should you have any issues related to FlexNet Manager library data, please submit a case by logging in to the Flexera Community and then select the Get Support > Open new case menu option.
We are interested in feedback on these announcements. If you have any questions or suggestions for improvements, please comment below.
We trust that you will find this update helpful and look forward to continually improving your application recognition results.
Flexera Content Team
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.