cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Natalie
By Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

Flexera is updating the Application Recognition Library (ARL) and Symantec Product Use Rights Library (PURL) to separate Symantec and Veritas applications and license templates, aligning with Symantec’s spin-off of Veritas.

What this means to you:

• This coverage is already included with your subscription or support.
    • The Symantec PURL updates are included with your subscription or support for FlexNet Manager for Datacenters or FlexNet Manager for Symantec.
  • Veritas applications in your environment will now correctly show Veritas as the publisher, rather than Symantec.
  • Where appropriate, legacy Symantec license templates are also now available for creation of Veritas licenses.

Existing licenses and processed purchases should not be affected by this change.

Release Dates:

FlexNet Manager Suite On-Premises

FlexNet Manager Suite Cloud

SKU/PURL release

25 July 2019

29 July 2019

ARL Release

26 July 2019

29 July 2019

(4) Comments
MrPotato
By
Level 6
Hi Natalie, appreciate this update A LOT. However I still see several (n<30) Veritas' applications with ambiguous names even though they can be easily matched to reasonable names, e.g. VRTSpddea (multiple versions). They are not new, I guess someone just missed them.
maryle
By
Level 5

Hi Natalie, is there going to be update for the new Tableaus? 

Natalie
By Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran
Hi @MrPotato - I recently adjusted my notifications, I'm so sorry for missing your question when it came in. We would welcome your submission of these gaps in the Symantec/Veritas migration.
Natalie
By Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran
Hi @maryle - we are always updating and adding content. 🙂 If there are particular titles you need for your environment, please submit them through Support.