cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dswann
By
Flexera Alumni

We have released three new hotfixes for the on-premises edition of FlexNet Manager Suite 2019 R1, along with a matching hotfix for FlexNet Manager Suite 2018 R2. They are available now and may be installed in any order.

• FlexNet Manager Suite Hotfix-01 for 2019 R1 - Resolves an issue where the IBM PVU License Consumption report can display duplicate rows when multiple titles, assigned to the same license, are installed on the same inventory device.

• FlexNet Manager Suite Hotfix-02 for 2019 R1 - Addresses the scenario when you have an exemption set for any device role on the Use Rights & Rules tab of an Oracle license. The Oracle Instances consuming from this license will not be shown in the Oracle Server Worksheet.

• FlexNet Manager Suite Hotfix-03 for 2019 R1 – If you perform a publisher specific reconciliation and the selected publisher is “Oracle,” the consumption count of your IBM calculated licenses may be reset to zero.

• FlexNet Manager Suite Hotfix-03 for 2018 R2 – This is the matching hotfix as FlexNet Manager Suite Hotfix-03 for 2019 R1, but for the FlexNet Manager Suite 2018 R2 release.

These hotfixes can be downloaded from the Product and License Center.

It is worth noting that these fixes have already been applied to FlexNet Manager Suite cloud. These hotfixes only apply to on-premises installations of FlexNet Manager Suite.

You can access the Product and License Center from the Flexera Community. Click on the FlexNet product option, and then choose the “Download Products and Licenses” option under Product Resources on the right-hand side.

FNMS 2019 R1 Hotfix.jpg

And subscribe to the FlexNet Manager blog for to be notified of these kind of product updates.

(3) Comments
darren_haehnel
By
Level 6
I've downloaded and attempted to install the three hotfixes for 2019 R1. The PDF and readme.txt are not specific when it comes to which database(s) to apply the hotfix to. The readme.txt indicates "databases" (plural) so are we supposed to interpret that as "FNMSCompliance", "FNMSDataWarehouse", as well as "FNMSInventory" (assuming we are using the recommended names)? Also, when applying HF1 against "FNMSCompliance", my log is indicating "Required version 13.2. Found version: 1.0. Skipping step: Required version not found." Hotfix 2 and 3 both find version 13.2 and appear to proceed with the process. I've compared the update.XML and they all look identical. What am I doing wrong?
pallfrey
By Level 3 Flexeran
Level 3 Flexeran
Hi Darren, All three hot fixes (Hotfix 1, Hotfix 2 and Hotfix 3) are intended to be run against the FNMSCompliance database only, they do not need to be run against the other databases. If they are run against the other databases they will report a version 1.0 and the required version not found error you are reporting. Regards, Peter Allfrey.
darren_haehnel
By
Level 6
Thank you. I had attempted to execute it against FNMSInventory which explains the issue I had. It worked fine when I applied it to FNMSCompliance. It would be nice to have the instructions updated to clarify the target database.