As a Cloud customer, you see FlexNet Manager 2019 R2 as just another monthly update. The highlight of this particular update is license reconciliation transparency, allowing you to understand why users or devices are linked (or not linked) to licenses.
But if you are an on-premises customer, this is the first release since March 2019. It contains features we've introduced over the past few months in our Cloud environment (with one exception, but we are working to close that gap).
For a detailed list of the features, you can go to our Helpnet Documentation page. In this post, I would like to focus your attention on what we believe will be the most important additions:
#1 - Transparency, transparency,
Did I mention that we introduced "transparency" capabilities in FlexNet Manager 2019 R2? In fact, we added 2 distinct capabilities in this area:
- File evidence transparency, to help you understand results of application recognition
- License calculation transparency, to let you know why a license included, or does not include, specific devices or users
- Oracle DB transparency is available in FlexNet Manager Cloud already and will be available as a native on premises capability in a future release
#2 - Targeting and scheduling
You can now define when and where our Agent is deployed (e.g. per location, OS type, etc.) and which Beacons agents are allowed to communicate with.
#3 - Integrations
- We've added integration with KVM virtualization technologies
- FlexNet Manager integration is now certified with ServiceNow New York release
- Our solution is verified against the latest "Verified by Oracle" requirements (2019 R2)
- Citrix integration now supports Application Groups
- FlexNet Manager for SAP supports Load Balanced environments
- Support for Role-based access for AWS integration
#4 - Other enhancements
- 64-bit, signed MacOS agent, with support for Catalina (10.15) release
- Enhanced Java discovery and recognition (publishers and versions)
We've also added many other improvements, listed in our release documentation. We encourage you to review these as we believe they will provide improved usability, quality and value delivered by our solution.
To download this release, please go to Product and License center.
The recording of the release webinar is available via this link.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.