cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sunilbond
Level 3

Unable to process Preview Response from LLS

Jump to solution

When I want to fetch the features available on the LLS using a preview request, a response is returned. But when the response is processed, it fails with an exception- 

Caused by: com.flexnet.licensing.exceptions.PublicLicensingException: Preview response cannot be processed into the license source.
at com.flexnet.licensing.b.a.j(SourceFile:404)
at com.flexnet.licensing.b.i.a(SourceFile:522)
at com.flexnet.licensing.a.g.a(SourceFile:92)
at com.flexnet.licensing.a.t.addTrustedStorageLicenseSource(SourceFile:159)
at com.flexnet.licensing.a.t.processCapabilityResponse(SourceFile:178)

I am sure, am missing something, but not sure what

0 Kudos
(1) Solution
jberthold
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

HI @sunilbond ,

That error is expected.  If you are performing a Preview request you do not want to Process the Capability Response into Trusted Storage.  Here's a snippet from the CapabilityResponse example provided in the .NET XT Kit:

preview.jpg

If the request is of type preview the results are displayed rather than processed.

Thanks,

Jim

View solution in original post

(2) Replies
dekumar
Revenera
Revenera

Hi Sunil,

Can you please confirm if you are using the java toolkit to fetch the licenses from the LLS?  Preview Responses can't be processed into the Trusted Storage I believe and hence you are getting the error. If your code uses processCapabilityResponse can you try using getResponseDetails instead and see if that works? For example:

ICapabilityResponseData responseDetails = licenseManager.getResponseDetails(responseData);

I would recommend opening a support ticket, as you may need to share the sample code which you are using. 

jberthold
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

HI @sunilbond ,

That error is expected.  If you are performing a Preview request you do not want to Process the Capability Response into Trusted Storage.  Here's a snippet from the CapabilityResponse example provided in the .NET XT Kit:

preview.jpg

If the request is of type preview the results are displayed rather than processed.

Thanks,

Jim