cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mwilliams1
Level 3

Request Entire Quantity

Our current licensing model involves activating each ActivationID using FlcCapabilityRequestAddRightsId with a count of 1. This way the users who have access to a given ActivationID can all use it to acquire a license.

Now we want to license another product differently. We want to have a single activation of an ActivationID acquire and count the entire available quantity for a given ActivationID. Can this be accomplished? What API should I use?

Thanks

0 Kudos
(9) Replies
jberthold
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

I do not believe there is a request to return the available quantity on an entitlement, however you can request a partial fulfillment and specify a very large number for the count. Refer to FlcRightsIdOptionsSetPartialFulfillment
0 Kudos

I don't see FlcRightsIdOptionsSetPartialFulfillment in my headers. However, it looks like we are currently using 2016.08.1, or maybe 2016r2-sp1, of the c++ api.  Is there an online source of documentation that I can review? Or a release history so I can verify that the FlcRightsIdOptionsSetPartialFulfillment is available in newer versions?

Thanks for your help and quick response so far.

0 Kudos

The Flexera Product and License Center is where you will find the latest software and documentation to which you are entitled  https://flexerasoftware.flexnetoperations.com .    I'm not sure exactly when FlcRightsIdOptionsSetPartialFulfillment was added but most likely after the release you are using.

0 Kudos

Hey, thanks for your help so far. Here is what I have done. 1. I updated to the latest api 2. I swapped out FlcCapabilityRequestAddRightsId for FlcCapabilityRequestAddRightsIdWithOptions. I sent in options where I set FlcRightsIdOptionsSetPartialFulfillment to true. 3. I updated the count argument to a large number. Now when I execute the request it activates all the quantity and I can see that in the online license administration. However, the request actually returns status code 6, "The license key is invalid". Also I have not managed to capture the quantity that was activated. Can you give me any insight to this? Thanks again,
0 Kudos

Hey, thanks for your help so far. Here is what I have done. 1. I updated to the latest api 2. I swapped out FlcCapabilityRequestAddRightsId for FlcCapabilityRequestAddRightsIdWithOptions. I sent in options where I set FlcRightsIdOptionsSetPartialFulfillment to true. 3. I updated the count argument to a large number. Now when I execute the request it activates all the quantity and I can see that in the online license administration. However, the request actually returns status code 6, "The license key is invalid". Also I have not managed to capture the quantity that was activated. Can you give me any insight to this? Thanks again,

0 Kudos

Hi @mwilliams1,

Did you follow the steps from the UserGuide?

Marking a Rights ID as “partial”
To mark one or more rights IDs as “partial” in the capability request, provide this basic flow in the code:
1. Define a rights ID options object using the FlcRightsIdOptionsCreate API.
2. Use the FlcRightsIdOptionsSetPartialFulfillment API to include the “partial” flag as an option.
3. For each rights ID that you want to add to the capability request and mark as “partial”, use the
FlcCapabilityRequestAddRightsIdWithOptions API.

The guide provides a sample implementation of these steps.  I cut and pasted the example code into the out of box capabilityrequest example provided in the toolkit.   Results were the following:

.\capabilityrequest.exe -server https://flex1107-uat.compliance.flexnetoperations.com/deviceservices
INFO: licensing environment established
INFO: number of features loaded from trusted storage: 0
INFO: generated capability request
INFO: talked to https://flex1107-uat.compliance.flexnetoperations.com/deviceservices - sent request and received response
INFO: processed capability response
INFO: machine type PHYSICAL
INFO: no vendor dictionary in capability response
INFO: number of status items in the response: 1
INFO: status - category: public, code: 76 (The activation ID copies requested were only partially fulfilled), details: ACTID-TEST-001
INFO: number of features loaded from capability response: 1
INFO: acquired license
INFO: deleted licensing environment

I requested 100 with a quantity of 8 available.  If I use the View example to view Trusted Storage I have a qty of 8 of feature survey:

INFO: licensing environment established
INFO: ==============================================
INFO: Features found in trusted storage:

INFO: 1: survey 1.0 permanent 8 HOSTID=ID_STRING=JBPARTFILLTEST VENDOR_STRING="MyFriendlyName1:ACTID-TEST-001" ISSUER="Flexera" ISSUED=27-jun-2019 NOTICE="Example_Account " START=28-aug-2018
INFO: Valid for acquisition
INFO: Features found in trials storage:

INFO: Features found in short-code storage:

I will attach my capabilityrequest.c example (file is named capabilityrequest.txt, please rename).  If you should need further assistance I would recommend submitting a ticket.  

0 Kudos
cfischer
Revenera
Revenera

In addition, there is  Rest endpoint called EntitlementOrders which can be used to return the available copies of a specific activation ID. Swagger is https://producer.flexnetoperations.com/flexnet/swagger-ui.html.

0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply. However, when I click the link, it says "Server Not Found".

0 Kudos

You need to replace Producer with your FlexNet Operations ID, it is usually flex followed by a number.

0 Kudos