cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abhayparashar
Level 5

Rehosting Embedded licenses

Jump to solution

I understand that for Secure rehosting involvement of back-office is required. But how can secure rehosting be achieved for LLS based setup where the server device breaks (crashes/fire/not available) down? 

What are the available options for a license administrator for rehost requests?

0 Kudos
(1) Solution
jberthold
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi @abhayparashar ,

The former - there is a configuration option in the Producer Portal to enable/disable the ability for end customers to return Devices & Servers in the Customer Portal under System / Configure / End-User Portal Setup / Devices Page:

return.jpg

Best regards,

Jim

View solution in original post

(5) Replies
jberthold
Revenera Moderator

Hi @abhayparashar !

For a "dead" system, the License Server can be Returned (if enabled - configuration option) by the admin in the Customer Portal.  This will return all licenses mapped to the server back to the entitlement and take the existing License Server HostID out of commission permanently (it will no longer be able to activate with FNO in the future).  The admin can then Activate a new License Server using the same online/offline method used to Activate the original license server.

Thanks,
Jim

0 Kudos

Thanks @jberthold , that certainly helps.

May I request you to elaborate a bit more on "(if enabled - configuration option)". Is there an option (/checkbox) in FNO portal that needs to be enabled or did you meant that an admin user makes the Server device obsolete through producer portal login?

0 Kudos
jberthold
Revenera Moderator

Hi @abhayparashar ,

The former - there is a configuration option in the Producer Portal to enable/disable the ability for end customers to return Devices & Servers in the Customer Portal under System / Configure / End-User Portal Setup / Devices Page:

return.jpg

Best regards,

Jim

@jberthold , will i be correct to assume these 'devices' that we are talking about, could be 'Server devices' as well as the 'end-user devices'?

Meaning if either of those is "returned" from the End customer portal - they can no more be used for further licensing activities. Correct?

I am trying to get around the idea of an 'end user' device that is temporarily inaccessible and which may be available tomorrow. In that case, rather than "Return the Device" probably "Remove Licenses" be a better option? Any obvious repercussions of doing that?

0 Kudos

Hi @abhayparashar ,

Yes devices in this case refers to both license servers as well as standalone node-locked devices.  A device return does indeed remove the ability for that device to be used in any further licensing activities using the same hostID.  Removing/unmapping would be the preferred approach if the device is intended for future use.   Just keep in mind removing the license in the customer portal does not remove the license from the actual device itself.

Thx,
Jim

0 Kudos