cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wlagriffoul
Level 4

REST API on Cloud License Server with producer account/user

Jump to solution

Currectly, I can do a REST request on a CLS with a user of the account linked to this CLS.

But I wouId like to do it with my Producer Account/user. Is it possible ?

0 Kudos
(1) Solution
ejohnson1
Flexera Alumni

Hi @wlagriffoul ,

There are built-in accounts ((i) admin and (ii) producer) for CLS.

The admin account requires FNO configuration to add a user (email address and password) to an account with "Portal Admin" permissions. From there, the Portal Admin user is required to logon to the Customer Portal, navigate to their CLS device and Set Password for "admin".

SetPassword.png

**Update**  With the System Administrator role you can enable the Producer role and set the global Producer password for all Cloud License Server instances via System | Configure | FlexNet Operations | Embedded Device Settings as shown below.

FNOPolicySetCLSPassword.png

View solution in original post

(1) Reply
ejohnson1
Flexera Alumni

Hi @wlagriffoul ,

There are built-in accounts ((i) admin and (ii) producer) for CLS.

The admin account requires FNO configuration to add a user (email address and password) to an account with "Portal Admin" permissions. From there, the Portal Admin user is required to logon to the Customer Portal, navigate to their CLS device and Set Password for "admin".

SetPassword.png

**Update**  With the System Administrator role you can enable the Producer role and set the global Producer password for all Cloud License Server instances via System | Configure | FlexNet Operations | Embedded Device Settings as shown below.

FNOPolicySetCLSPassword.png