cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
benlaj1
Level 3

Porting kit missing libFlxCore.so.version

Hello,

I’m currently trying to cover an Android integration using Xamarin and come up to the conclusion that the porting kit that I have access to is not giving me the library output I would need for the wanted integration.

There is a native library, FlxCore.dll, that I’m using in my sample c#/.Net application integration but this library is not part of the porting kit content once building it. I would expect to get a “libFlxCore.so.version“ that I would include/deploy in my Xamarin project, just like I was adding the Flxcore.dll in my c#/.Net application, but I don’t see it in the lib folder once going through the porting kit process.

Can someone guide me into figuring out what I’m missing? I have access to the FlexNet Embedded C DK Porting Kit platform (2019.04) but I would assume there would be a “.NET/C XT” version of that porting kit to generate the libFlxCore.so.version I’m missing.

Regards

0 Kudos
(7) Replies
benlaj1
Level 3

Any help on the topic?

0 Kudos

Seems that I'm the only one trying to use that...

0 Kudos

Hi @benlaj1 ,

Apologies that your post had not been picked up sooner.

The Porting Kit comes with obfuscated C source that only builds statically, so there will not be any dll, unfortunately.

Are you looking to persist binary license rights on the device? If not, the REST framework would be ideal. 

Thanks,

Eric

0 Kudos

Hello,

Well this "libFlxCore.so.version" is kind of the core when using the SDK in a non windows system since I'm using the porting kit (and not using a dll . You need that library for pretty much everything (contacting server, persist binary, etc). It is there in the linux flexnet_client-xt-c-x64_linux-2019.04.0 package and I was expecting that the porting kit would generate the same output, which is not the case, reason why I was posting here in the first place. 

Since I got no reply for the past months, for sure I've used the CMAPI REST API but my initial question was if you had a XT-C version of the porting kit. Based on my integration constraints, the porting kit that I have access to is pretty much useless if it is not providing the expected content.

0 Kudos

Hi @benlaj1 ,

The DLL distribution for the XT kits is essentially a "wrapper" around the device (and similarly porting kit architecture).  A XT kit is essentially a device kit with an additional "wrapper" or DLL.  This wrapper is Flexera's implementation to provide a turn-key implementation of the Hardware Abstraction Layer Callouts (HAL) for software publishers (and some device manufacturers). Porting kits are essentially device kits yet to be built for the targeted platform. Device kits are useful for device manufactures that need that granular flexibility to re-write if necessary, the HAL callouts (e.g. no time on a system or don't trust time, so re-implement to call out to a NTP server as an example). Porting kits are useful for non-mainstream platform requirements (e.g. proprietary operating system on some 32 or 64-bit processor), and this includes Android and iOS. If interested let me know and I'll send some information on building the porting kit for Android.

The XT "wrapper" / DLL is a Flexera implementation of the Hardware Abstraction Layer Callouts (memory, storage, time, CRT, virtualization, etc.) with the exception of the hostId and path, which are also API configurable in the XT kits.

Service layer callouts is another name sometimes used for HAL.

So, unfortunately, no, any dll or is explicit to only the XT kits.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the reply and it is exactly on Android and iOS that I was trying to make things work with the porting kit by building and integrating with a c#/Xamarin application. I'm interested if you could share the information for  building the porting kit for mobile context (Android and iOS). 

I just want to have a known way of doing things with the porting kit if it ever comes to be used even though I reverted to using the CMAPI  in the interim.

0 Kudos

Sent offline.

0 Kudos