cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ageorge
Level 6

Multiple instances of client application running on the same machine checking out from same Local License Server

Hi,

I'm using Java Client 2019.2.

Say I have 1 count each of licenses F1 and F2 on my local license server.

Scenario 1

on 1st run of my client application, I send a capability request to get 1 count of F1. 1 count of F1 is successfully acquired. I leave client application still running - so still holding onto F1.

I launch another instance of my client application from the same machine, again requesting 1 count of F1. I would expect it to fail with no licenses available but it doesn't. It successfully returns 1 count of F1.

Scenario 2

on 1st run of my client application, I send a capability request to get 1 count of F1. 1 count of F1 is successfully acquired. I leave client application still running - so still holding onto F1.

I launch another instance of my client application from the same machine, but this time I send a capability request only for 1 count of F2. It successfully acquires 1 count of F2 but I notice on my license server manager that license F1 now has 1 count available and 0 in use. Looks like the 2nd application's request for just F2 made F1 be checked back in.

So in both scenarios, it seems the server treats the multiple instances coming from the same machine as one. How do I make sure that each instance is treated separately?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
(16) Replies