cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArjaaAine
Level 3

License Activation

It is said that FNE can support License Activation.

I have been looking through the documentation and the only activation it talks about is when we use the IdentityClientServer.bin to generate the .h file.

Which supports the publisher and identity API in the code to help read the binary license file.

Is that it? or does FNE have a more advanced activation where the bin file is disabled unless we provide some sort of confirmation for it?

P.S. I am very thankful for the help in these forums. And please forgive me for all my questions.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

Actually, FlexNet Embedded supports activation against a back-office server (such as FlexNet Operations), where the back-office server fulfills a request from the client based on the client hostid or some rights IDs included in the request communications. (A .bin file is not required beforehand in this type of setup.)

The "Introduction" chapter of the FlexNet Embedded User Guide gives a brief overview, and the "Licenses Fulfilled from a Back-Office Server" section of the API chapter gives more technical implementation information.
Level 3

Ah thanks for this.
Sorry I didn't get the email notification and didn't look here.

I will read up more into this now
0 Kudos