cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idan37s
Level 3

Is it possible to use a nodelock license file created in FlexNet Operations in FlexNet Embedded?

Hi,

I use the FlexNet Embedded library and APIs in my code, and i created a certificate license file (node lock uncounted) in FlexNet Operations and saved it to a file (.lic).

Is it possible to use this license file with the FlexNet Embedded library APIs?

Thanks, Idan.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
wmarek1
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

You can try setting your license source to legacy certificate file. See the FlexNet Embedded documentation for APIs related to certificate license source. There are restrictions on the types of licenses and keywords supported, also documented.

You can also use FlexNet Operations to generate a FlexNet Embedded binary license file. Roughly equivalent to a FNP nodelocked license file. You can do this from the Device Management page, so you must create the device/hostid first. Then Select Licenses->Map Entitlements. Then click the Generate license file button. Finally, select View->Download License File.

Good luck.

FlexNet Operations, FlexNet Embedded, FlexNet Publisher, FlexNet Connect, FlexLM

Hi, I couldn't find the "Download License File" anywhere in the Device management, Under View in the specific Device page i only have "View History" and "View Virtualization Info". Are you may be talking about "Downloading Capability Response" which downloads a .bin file? Attached a screenshot with the options i have in the device.
0 Kudos
wmarek1
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi idan372, my apologies. Since you are the developer, I assumed that you were using the FNO Producer Portal. Your screenshot is from the customer facing portal that has restricted functionality. Check with your FlexNet Operations admin to see if your FNO user account will let you login to the Producer Portal (internal administrative view) and to get the URL.
FlexNet Operations, FlexNet Embedded, FlexNet Publisher, FlexNet Connect, FlexLM
0 Kudos

Hi, I have access to FlexNet Producer Portal, I just thought the download license file is at the end-user portal. In any case, i think the problem with my .lic file doesn't work is that currently the default "demo" VCG (Vendor Certificate Generator) is used in our producer portal and we need our to create own VCG with our own keys. Does that makes sense to you?
0 Kudos