cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
svazdekis
Level 2

Identifying expired and in grace licenses

Hello there,

We are using API /features to get all features. We do get back the expiry and the entitlementExpiry properties. We are trying to identify expired and in grace period features. I don't think we should use the local server date to compare against expiry date to determine if feature is expired or in grace since malicious users can manipulate the local server date. Does response to features URL includes some property indicating if license in expired or in grade period? How can I do this without the use of local server date. 

Thanks,

Samer.

0 Kudos
(3) Replies
mrathinam
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi @svazdekis If my understanding is correct the /features endpoint will list the feature name and expiry from the Cloud license server (FNO -CLS) and the local date and time will not affect or the user can not manipulate the expiry of the feature. 

Best Regards,

0 Kudos

Hello @mrathinam , yes, you are right. But we are trying to have the client display expired features in red so users can be alerted. We can compare the expiry date to the local server date to determine if feature is expired and hence to be displayed in red. But this is not ideal. Was looking for another way to determine if feature is expired totally depending on the response we get from the FNO.

0 Kudos
mrathinam
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi @svazdekis Thanks for the reply, yes it would be a valid Enhancement because this feature is not available currently, could you please raise a support case so that we can create an ER for this request? 

Best Regards,

0 Kudos