Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jborys
Level 2

How to interrupt a FlexNet Embedded XT SDK and exit gracefully

Jump to solution

Hi there.

Right now I am kicking a thread off to go and checkout a license, this requires calls to FlcCommSendBinaryMessage() to complete, or timeout. My current goal is:

1. Create a main thread
2. Spawn a second thread to checkout a license (FlcCommSendBinaryMessage())
3. From the main thread exit immediately and interrupt any communication gracefully and exit the application. 

I can set a small timeout but I would prefer to leave that larger. Ideally I would like to interrupt any calls to the FlexNet Embedded XT SDK and exit gracefully when I am exiting.

Can anyone help me find the missing pieces?

0 Kudos
(1) Solution
oversampled
Level 3

We implemented an lm_wait_on_transaction() function which can be called before the main licensing class is destroyed.  This allows the transaction thread to finish working before the parent object is destroyed.  Seems to work well since the FNE SDK doesn't wait for long on the communications calls.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
(1) Reply
oversampled
Level 3

We implemented an lm_wait_on_transaction() function which can be called before the main licensing class is destroyed.  This allows the transaction thread to finish working before the parent object is destroyed.  Seems to work well since the FNE SDK doesn't wait for long on the communications calls.

0 Kudos