cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iswarya_bhge
Level 3

How to assign Container Id to a Local License Server which is ran using the flexnetls.jar?

0 Kudos
(6) Replies
mrathinam
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi @iswarya_bhge You can assign host ID in the file local-configuration.yaml under below lines and not sure Container Id is a supported hostID to run the LLS of now.

# Specify the hostid to be used. Syntax: 685b3596a5f3/ETHERNET. Has to be one of the hostids seen
# in the /api/1.0/hostids endpoint.
#active-hostid:

Best Regards,

Mani. 

0 Kudos

Firstly,Thank you so much for the prompt response @mrathinam .But its mentioned that the syntax is 685b3596a5f3/ETHERNET.How can I assign a docker container Id . It would be really helpful if u can paste an example for all types of hostIds in Local config yaml

0 Kudos

Hi @iswarya_bhge Let me check the syntax and support of LLS to use the Container Id and come back with more updates. 

Best Regards,

0 Kudos

Hi @iswarya_bhge ,

Per the License Server Producer Guide, Container ID is not a supported HostID for a Local License Server.  Note however you could implement your own code to obtain the container ID and use a producer-defined Hostid.

Thanks,
Jim

@iswarya_bhge

0 Kudos

Could you please help me in setting up the Publisher Defined Host Id for the Local License Server.I have followed the below steps, but still ETHERNET ID is getting set as host ID.

1. Set server.publisherDefinedHostId.policy to strict in the policy settings file (producer-settings.xml) file
  2. Using the example code ExamplePublisherDefinedHostId.c provided by Flexnet and generated libServerExtension64.so as we are using Linux with JVM 64-bit
  3. Placed the file in the folder with same name as publisher and placed that in the same folder as Flexnet.jar resides
  4. Ran the server
0 Kudos

Hi @iswarya_bhge Can you please raise a support case to get more details for this request?

Best Regards,

0 Kudos