Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wlagriffoul
Level 4

How identify the CLS in the Trusted Storage file

Jump to solution

Hi,

When reading a TrustedStorage file located on the client workstation, is it possible to know the origin of the license?
By doing a "LicenseManager.GetFeatureCollection", I noticed that if the file was created with a :
- CLS: "IsServed=true"
- NodeLocked: "IsServed=false
But in the case of a CLS can we find information to identify the CLS server?

The idea is to manage the use case below:
"The workstation had a problem that caused it to lose its original configuration. So it has lost the <CLS instance ID> (and the user doesn't know it either).
The software is reinstalled, as it was on the first day.
At startup it finds a TrustedStorage file that contains a license, borrowed for several more months.
How to return the license to the CLS server".

Note that I don't have the problem for a TrustedStorage "NodeLocked" file because I have placed the ActivationID in the VendorString.

Waiting for your ideas.

William

0 Kudos
(1) Solution
jberthold
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi @wlagriffoul ,   *Updated Response*

The CLS ID is actually returned to the device in the capability response, however it is not persisted in trusted storage.  You could store the CLS ID in Trusted Storage after either the user enters it during initial setup or by retrieving it from the capability response from the server.  Refer to the APIs to manage a "Private  Data Source" in the API documentation.

Thanks,

Jim 

View solution in original post

(2) Replies
jberthold
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi @wlagriffoul ,   *Updated Response*

The CLS ID is actually returned to the device in the capability response, however it is not persisted in trusted storage.  You could store the CLS ID in Trusted Storage after either the user enters it during initial setup or by retrieving it from the capability response from the server.  Refer to the APIs to manage a "Private  Data Source" in the API documentation.

Thanks,

Jim 

Thank you @jberthold 

"Private Data Source" is a good solution in my case.

0 Kudos