cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tanushree
Level 5

How can we implement vendor dictionary? And What is the difference between vendor string and vendor dictionary?

Hi All, 

I would like to send some custom DEVICE_ID as a part of the capability request and get the same returned in response. I tried using vendor dictionary but its not working.

Are there any pre-requisite setups to be done before we can add the vendor dictionary details.

Also parallelly, I have explored vendor strings, (both via substitution attribute and custom attribute), but still it did not solve the purpose of sending DEVICE_ID from client application, as with vendor string, the value gets resolved during runtime, but for the variable name that we choose while creating the entitlement/license model.

Best Regards,

Tanushree

0 Kudos
(5) Replies
jberthold
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi @Tanushree ,

The Vendor Dictionary can be used for sending additional data in capability requests from FNE Clients to FlexNet Operations (or a FNE Server).  This data is stored in FNO but is not returned back to the FNE Client in the FNO capability response.   You can view the vendor dictionary information sent from an FNE Client in FNO when viewing the device (view / view vendor dictionary).  There are no prerequisites to sending Vendor Dictionary information.  

Vendor String Information configured in the FlexNet Operations license model is included in the capability responses sent to the FNE Client.

If you are looking to return custom information from a capability request in a capability response I believe this is possible via the use of FNO custom call-outs.  This is an advanced topic that would require Revenera Consulting Services.  Please contact  your account manager for additional information.

Thanks,

Hi @jberthold 

Thank you for your response. 

Could you please point me to some documentation/link, where I can get some idea for 'FNO custom call-outs' before actually going for it.

Best Regards,

Tanushree Chauhan

0 Kudos
jberthold
Revenera Moderator

Hi @Tanushree ,

There are call-out examples provided in the Product & License center under FlexNet Operations Documentation. 

FNO_Callouts.png

It is highly recommended to engage Revenera Consulting Services for further details.

Thanks,

0 Kudos

Hi @jberthold ,

As per below snip from  the Flexnet JavaXT User Guide, we can send custom data to the back-office or license server, Vendor Dictionary.PNG

But I was able to see the Vendor Dictionary only for the Standalone Devices on FNO-UAT (View--> View Vendor Dictionary), but not for my Local License Server (which does have a View Vendor Dictionary option).

SA.PNG

LLS.PNG

Could you please guide on same.

Best Regards,

Tanushree

Tagging: @yasin_damji @sunilbond @Ravikiran 

0 Kudos
jberthold
Revenera Moderator

Hi @Tanushree ,

I do not believe there is a way to populate a license server's vendor dictionary information. 

Thanks,  

0 Kudos