cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sgurusamy
Level 3

Facing issues when setting up flexnet embedded local license server

I am trying to build proof of concept / evaluate FlexNet Embedded licensing product

As a part of this tried setting up local license server and plan to request license from a .net client application.

Followed the steps mentioned in the documentation FNE_LicenseServerGuide_2018R2SP3.pdf chapter 3 Installing and Running the License Server.  I created producer-settings.xml file & as for as other settings just took the default values.

Used flexnetls.bat -install & flexnetls.bat –start commands to install & start license server as a windows service, but it’s not able to start and throws this exception

11:13:54,826 INFO  Starting FlexNet License Server 2018.09 (build 241024)

11:13:54,826 INFO  Copyright (C) 2013-2018 Flexera Software LLC.

11:13:54,826 INFO  All Rights Reserved.

11:13:54,826 INFO  Running as a service

11:14:05,637 ERROR Server configuration is not setup

11:14:05,637 ERROR #3

11:14:05,637 WARN  Exception encountered during context initialization - cancelling refresh attempt: org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException: Error creating bean with name 'methodValidationPostProcessor' defined in class path resource [org/springframework/boot/autoconfigure/validation/ValidationAutoConfiguration.class]: Unsatisfied dependency expressed through method 'methodValidationPostProcessor' parameter 0; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'h2dataproxy' defined in com.flexnet.glservice.jconfig.UllsDatabaseBeanConfiguration: Bean instantiation via factory method failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Failed to instantiate [org.springframework.aop.framework.ProxyFactoryBean]: Factory method 'h2DataProxy' threw exception; nested exception is java.lang.RuntimeException: Native code initialization failed.

I am not able to understand how to setup server configuration. I thought it would take the default values. Any help or directions would be much appreciated.

0 Kudos
(8) Replies
tphamda
Revenera
Revenera

You should be fine to use the default values. To look into this further, would you be able to provide me with the producer-settings.xml file as well as the exact command you used to generate the file?

0 Kudos

Thank you so much for helping me out .  Please find attached  producer-settings.xml.

I used this command to create XML file 

flexnetlsconfig -o producer-settings.xml -id IdentityClient.bin

if need be then i can send IdentityClient.bin file as well.

Thank so much again.

0 Kudos

I'm happy to help. I attempted to reproduce the issue with your producer-settings.xml and was not able to, so it does not look like the issue lies with this file. Would you be able to zip up your entire server folder and send that to me? 

0 Kudos

Flexera message can only transmit 25MB size file max. So I put it in google dropbox as a zip file and please download it from here. There is a direct download option and no need to sign up or download dropbox related software. Please let me know if you face any issues in downloading the zip file.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3mxoap75k605rpo/server.7z?dl=0

0 Kudos

I was able to download your zip file, install, and start the server as a service without any issues. I'm not able to spot any problems with your server. What platform are you currently testing on? Does the issue reproduce on any other machine?

0 Kudos

I am trying to run it on windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB machine. The service gets started but then it stops immediately and logs Server configuration is not setup error in the log. 

Here is the partial log content... and entire log file is attached on the very first post.  I have not tried to run the service in another machine. I will try to do this today and see if that makes any difference. 

11:13:54,826 INFO  Starting FlexNet License Server 2018.09 (build 241024)

11:13:54,826 INFO  Copyright (C) 2013-2018 Flexera Software LLC.

11:13:54,826 INFO  All Rights Reserved.

11:13:54,826 INFO  Running as a service

11:14:05,637 ERROR Server configuration is not setup

11:14:05,637 ERROR #3

11:14:05,637 WARN  Exception encountered during context initialization - cancelling refresh attempt: org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException: Error creating bean with name 'methodValidationPostProcessor' defined in class path resource [org/springframework/boot/autoconfigure/validation/ValidationAutoConfiguration.class]: Unsatisfied dependency expressed through method 'methodValidationPostProcessor' parameter 0; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'h2dataproxy' defined in com.flexnet.glservice.jconfig.UllsDatabaseBeanConfiguration: Bean instantiation via factory method failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Failed to instantiate [org.springframework.aop.framework.ProxyFactoryBean]: Factory method 'h2DataProxy' threw exception; nested exception is java.lang.RuntimeException: Native code initialization failed.

Thanks

Sankar

0 Kudos

what exactly 11:14:05,637 ERROR Server configuration is not setup means ?

If I understand correct , Server means to local machine right ? 

0 Kudos

It does look like the error would pertain more to the configuration on the local machine. I would suggest looking at the Release Notes to see see if you have met all of the requirements, for example, if you are using a supported platform or appropriate version of Java.

0 Kudos