cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
imarinl
Level 3

Cross compiling FlexNet Embedded

I'm new in this world. I'm following C SDK User Guide and testing examples. I'd like test this examples in our ARM devices but i can't compile examples because lib is not compiled in this format. I need compile lib directory using a cross compiler to ARM. How can i do it?
0 Kudos
(7) Replies
cfischer
Revenera
Revenera

Hi, I'll send you an example.

0 Kudos

I have a few routers running Broadcom 5300 chips (dual ARM) and then a few running BCM4k series (MIPS74k).  I have Tomato and JFFS enabled and running ENTWARE so I can install a few packages.  Can you let me know the easiest way to cross-compile the binaries to run on the embedded router devices using open-source Linux as the firmware?  Or is it only compatible on OpenWRT?

0 Kudos

Hello @gabriel_meyer ,

The FlexNet Embedded Porting Kit can support any custom environment or special platform entailing 32 or 64-bit processors, operating systems from mainstream to proprietary and build environments from GNU to non-GNU.

If you or the organization have entitlements (ultimately a license or vendor keys from Flexera) then you should be able to move forward with cross-compiling. 

If not, then your Flexera account manager should be able to assist with sorting out the entitlement(s).

Ok, well their support is lacking severely.  I opened a case for AMZ_EIP on Aug 10 and just now got a response.  If someone out there is familiar with compiling it?  I have entitlements for Embedded for ARM64, and have a gcc environment on my ARM device, just unsure about the compile.

0 Kudos

Sorry to hear this, the porting kit should come with a document which describes how you either edit the src.conf file to point to a toolchain and then run genmake.pl to update the makefiles provided, or it tells you what you need to compile/link, which include paths to add and so on.
0 Kudos
James41
Level 2

@imarinl wrote:
I'm new in this world. I'm following C SDK User Guide and testing examples. I'd like test this examples in our ARM devices but i can't compile examples because lib is not compiled in this format. I need compile lib directory using a cross compiler to ARM. How can i do it?

I'm bumping up this question. I hope someone can help.

0 Kudos

You need contact flexera support team to get portable toolkit.