cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
snidelyflex
Level 2

Capability Reqests authorization

Jump to solution
As I understand it, you can give a user an "entitlement key" to be sent as part of a capability request. Such a key would have been generated previously by the back-end server and distributed to qualified customers, and then used in validating the capability request.

I am confused as to how to include the key in the C.R.; should I put it in a FlxCapabilityRequestAddRightsId call, or a FlxCapabilityRequestAddIncludeVendorDictionaryKey? Or have I overlooked the proper call?

Thanks.

/dps
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Correct, the "entitlement key" or "Activation ID" is generated when the customer entitlement is created in the Back Office System (FlexNet Operations).  FlexNet Operations can email this Activation ID directly to the customer and it is always available in the FlexNet Operations Customer Portal.

The FlexNet Embedded client application will use this Activation ID to obtain the desired license rights when performing a capability request/response exchange with FlexNet Operations.  The FlxCapabilityRequestAddRightsId is the appropriate call to include the Activation ID.

View solution in original post

(2) Replies
jaschenbrenner
Level 2
I am trying to do a similar if not same thing. I will provide a user there Order id when they purchase product and use that to activate their license via a Capability Request. Any help on this is greatly appreciated.
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Correct, the "entitlement key" or "Activation ID" is generated when the customer entitlement is created in the Back Office System (FlexNet Operations).  FlexNet Operations can email this Activation ID directly to the customer and it is always available in the FlexNet Operations Customer Portal.

The FlexNet Embedded client application will use this Activation ID to obtain the desired license rights when performing a capability request/response exchange with FlexNet Operations.  The FlxCapabilityRequestAddRightsId is the appropriate call to include the Activation ID.