cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
babu19
Level 3

Access permission for trusted storage file on Linux.

Jump to solution
Hi All,

I am using Java toolkit. When it creates a trusted storage file in Linux, it gives read only access to the owner. How can I change the default permission so that it will create trusted storage with read permission to other users? I could not find an API for this.
trusted storage file,  - r w - - - - - - -
Parent directory,      d r w x r - x r - x

Thanks
0 Kudos
(1) Solution

Hi @babu19

it seems like if you have to change the permissions of the TS files by yourself with your program.

I've tried it by myself and it is quite easy.

Best regards,

Max

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
(5) Replies
maximilianhense
Level 4

Hi @babu19,

did you tried these recommendation from the JavaXT 2019R2 User Guide?

The trusted storage directory to use depends on your desired license models. In a multi-user environment, it may be
desirable to specify a common, per-machine directory, so that license rights are shared by all users. However, this may
require that your product installation procedure modify the trusted storage directory’s permissions.

Page 42.

Best regards,

Max

0 Kudos

Hi @maximilianhense 

Thank you for your response.

Yes, I have gone through the document. The parent directory is already existing and has read access to all the users (d r w x r - x r - x). However, when the application invokes the license code it just creates trusted storage files under the directory with read permission only to the owner. 
Does it mean the application has to manually change the permission directly on the trusted storage file? I need to provide read access to all users.

Thanks,

0 Kudos

Hi @babu19

it seems like if you have to change the permissions of the TS files by yourself with your program.

I've tried it by myself and it is quite easy.

Best regards,

Max

0 Kudos

Thank you @maximilianhense, Looks like this is the only solution

You're welcome 🙂 So if this solutions works, please mark it as an answer.

Best regards,

Max
0 Kudos