Flexnet Connect On-Premise Instance is throwing "IO Exception. key=IO Exception.. Try again." error
When logging into Flexnet Connect On-Premise you may see the error in the attachment.
There is an problem with the version of Java that FNC installer is using, as this has outdated protocol support and seems to be causing the issue.
What you'll need to do is the following:
1. Download and install the latest Java SDK* from Oracle based on the FNC architecture you've installed, i.e. x86 or x64.
2. On your FNC machine, stop the 'FNC Connect 15:00' service.
3. In your FNC installation directory, rename '_jvm' folder.
4. Create a new '_jvm' folder.
5. Open up the Java SDK and copy the contents from 'C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_231' folder into the '_jvm' folder.
6. Start the 'FNC Connect 15:00' service again.
7. Now update the instance ID in the FNC admin portal under the 'License Rights' page.
You should now be prompted with the following:
Enterprise Update Management**
*Note: The latest Java SDK that was tested with at the time this KB was created is 'Java SE Development Kit 8u231'.
**Features available are dependent on what you purchased. If you don't see any features, this just means you've purchased no additional FNC features.