cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vkiran77
Level 3

Why is this happening?? Please help!!

😞 Hi Guys,

I have a problem that might look simple. I have successfully registered my product with the publisher's server. I have also added an update for my product. The installshield manager recognises the update and downloads it.

I tried doing it thorugh the APIs. But my program does not recognise the updates. Simple statements in VB...

Set UpdateCollection = pAgent.EnumUpdates("{F200ACE5-40C6-445D-8DF2-DA8EBD81F2C6}")
MsgBox (Str(UpdateCollection.Count))

Prints out 0, while there is one update for the product. Why does it not work here? Why this difference between the IS manager and my program.

Similarly even my shortcut fails to recognise any updates. The shortcut is pointed as follows

C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\agent.exe" -au{F200ACE5-40C6-445D-8DF2-DA8EBD81F2C6} -AppMenu

it says no updates available.

Help needed guys. Thanks and I appreciate it.

Cheers
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
KellyF
Level 9

vkiran,

Do you have the starter edition or the professional edition of Update Service? What you describe in your post sounds like you have the starter which does not allow you to use the agent's APIs.

Can you please confirm? Alternatively, you can PM me your UpdateService username only and I'll check your account type.

Regards,
Kelly
0 Kudos
vkiran77
Level 3

Hi Kelly 🙂 ,

Many thanks for your help. You are right!! I have the starter plus edition. So does this mean that I cannot write VB programs that use Agent's APIs to customise downloads? I will then need to upgrade it to professional? Hmmmm... gonna cost me money. 😄

Oh!!

Thanks
0 Kudos
KellyF
Level 9

Yeah, I know, and I've seen lots of posts about it on here. But that is one of the limitations, I'm afraid. You can always post feedback through the publisher website about desiring a change there.

KellyF

PS. This is truly a post where it is my opinion, so post feedback via that publisher site mechanism for it to go directly to those who make decisions. 😉
0 Kudos