cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stefan_Krueger
Level 9

Update Windows "Always on Top"

This happend while I was installing Developer 7.04. At the end of install, after the reboot, the "Looking for avaialable updates" dialog comes up. I seems to have the "always on top" style set so it is and stays above all other windows. I'm not connected to the internet at that point (because the reboot interrupted my dial up connection) so another dialog comes up telling me I should establish a connection and retry. This dialog is above the first Update dialog.
Now when I try to establish a dial up connection, the login dialog is BEHIND the two update dialogs. I can move the topmost (second) update dialog but not the first one. This means I cannot access the dial up dialog, and thus am unable to connect.

I know there was a problem with Update dialogs being displayed BEHIND other winodws, maybe that is the reason you changed it to to be "always on top". This wouldn't be as serious if there were only one Update dialog (and since they are in wizard style with Back and Next buttons I would expect that the "Looking for updates" dialog would be REPLACED by the "connection" dialog). With only one Update dialog I would be able to move the dialog to get access to the dial up dialog.
Stefan Krueger
InstallSite.org
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
CChong
Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran

Some of our beta sites are also encountering this problem. We notified InstallShield support, but the support technician said he cannot reproduce the behavior. I provided additional information twice, two weeks ago, and have still not received a reply. Maybe they are working on a fix? I'll send another email to them today....
0 Kudos
CChong
Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran

InstallShield support called and told me that this is a confirmed bug in v. 1.20. It is scheduled to be fixed in the next release of Update Service, which is due out in October.
0 Kudos