cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NealC804
Level 8

Update Manager - Huge Failure / Waste of Money!

I published my "final" message as my service expires, thank God, April 1st! The past two months customers get 404 errors, update system errors, etc. I published my message via ISUS yesterday, one computer it worked, however the dialog does not have a vertical scrollbar so my HTML file for the message only partially displays, nice job Macrovision! Then my other computer pops up the update manager window in the lower right, it's a 404 page. I then double-click the Update Manager icon in the system tray and I get a nice Update Manager dialog that is a 404 page (see attached).

How about a refund for failure? You have not provided me the product/service I purchased, I demand a complete refund!
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
KellyF
Level 9

Insightful as always Neal. I won't ask for a SR# as I know you haven't filed one to actually have things verified and/or fixed.

I wish you well in your future endeavors and hope that you show your customers a bit more courtesy than you show on the board.

Regards,
Kelly
0 Kudos
NealC804
Level 8

I'm not going to submit a support ticket, I'm not renewing, it's game over. I've been through the last 2-3 years of ISUS and miseries. I tell you what, you send me a check for $3600 Kelly, and I'll give you something that works "sometimes" and on "some computers" and we'll see how you feel. I bet you if I did that to my customers they would not be "nice and respectful" in fact they'd go straight for their credit card company to dispute the payment, which is always an option.

At least I am helping you by pointing out two more major bugs, 1) No Vertical Scrollbars when viewing a message (more info...) and 2) The UM itself showing a 404 page!

Good luck as well with ISUS. With web services today, it's simply an unnecessary product/service especially for the gargantuan amount of money Macrovision wants!
0 Kudos
KellyF
Level 9

neal007 wrote:
through the last 2-3 years of ISUS and miseries. I tell you what, you send me a check for $3600 Kelly, and I'll give you something that works "sometimes" and on "some computers" and we'll see how you feel.

LOL, you just described my experiences and expenditures with Microsoft in recent history. 🙂

Regards,
Kelly
0 Kudos
NealC804
Level 8

LOL - yeah, but we've grown to be immune, I'm not immune to Macrovision, I expect better from them/you! 🙂
0 Kudos
tprebble
Level 3

Neal, I ran into the exact same problem on my machine. It happened during some testing that saw multiple versions of Update Manager in use.

The only way I could fix it was to delete the c:\Program Files\Common Files\Installshield folder and start fresh.
0 Kudos