Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RobertCiqual
Level 3

URGENT! Agent.exe removed on Major Upgrade

Hi there,

I have a quite urgent issue.

We have a product version 1 with enabled FLEXnet ability and registering with the FLEXnet agent.exe by source code. Everything works well - the agent starts requests new update notification from the server and downloads the new Version 2 install package which is an MSI also including the FLEXnet Upgrade ability.

What happens now is very strange. I'm using a Windows XP SP3 machine but it shouldn't make the difference...
Agent.exe and ISDM.exe are running and the new package gets installed. This of course causes the existing Version to get uninstalled. But doing this the uninstall process can't remove the agent.exe and ISDM.exe as they are still running.
So obviously these two programs get queued to get removed after reboot.
As the install process goes on I assume that the process can't install the new agent.exe and ISDM.exe as they still exist and weren't removed by the uninstall process.
After rebooting the agent.exe and ISDM.exe get removed (due to the uninstall queue) but never get installed again.

Regarding these facts after making one major upgrade the product will never be able to upgrade again via FLEXnet as agent.exe and ISDM.exe never get installed again. How do I solve that problem???

Thanks for your quick help!!!
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
Not applicable

If you're having urgent issues with FNC, the best route for assistance is to contact our support directly. Information on how to contact support can be found here:
http://support.flexerasoftware.com/main/Contact.aspx

Generally speaking, major upgrades have been supported for all versions of FlexNet Connect and continue to be supported today.

The best thing I could suggest if this is urgent is to contact support directly. You probably want to have the version of FlexNet Connect of both your old and new version, your project type, and an MSI log file of the installation handy just to speed things along.
0 Kudos
RobertCiqual
Level 3

Thanks for your help - I'll try that!
0 Kudos