cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TimStVCS
Level 7

Software Manager (Web-based Interface)

Hello, I have figured out how to get our company logo to display in this Software Manager, but have a question as to what else can be customized? I would like to make changes to the background colors, borders, etc. but am confused by the FLEXnet Connect documentation as to what exactly is customizable in this interface outside of the company logo.

Any help would be appreciated! By the way, I know I can develop my own interface by strictly using API calls, but I am hoping that I can customize more than the company logo in this interface so I don't have to reinvent the wheel!

Tim
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
Not applicable

You can customized quite a lot of the Common Software Manager's ( which is the app you can hit by going to Start -> Software Updates ) interface, but the process for doing so requires some customization within the InstallShield product as you might expect.

The Agent-based UIs ( you get those through COM invocations and command-line invocations of FNC ) are less customizable if you are using Acresso hosted solutions.

The customization process for the Common Software Manager can be stepped through by going to the section of the User Guide entitled "Customizing the Common Software Manager". Essentially, the CSM is driven by a series of .css files ( controlling the layout ) and .jpg files. Generally speaking, modification of the .css to relocate various portions of the UI is the extent to which you can easily modify the UI. It's not usually necessary to modify the .htm files and extreme care should be taken if you choose to do so.

If you're looking to modify the Wizard or Web UIs then those are limited to the company logo itself. If you have a specific requirement or want some additional assistance then our support team may be able to help.
0 Kudos