cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tigergrace
Level 6

Shows notifications in the vendor-specific database you specify

Hello,

I encountered a problem when check for update for a suite of products. My process below.

1. In update notifications view of installshield 2009, I create a new new database(MyDB) with Vernder database, which will be created under "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\FLEXnet\Connect\Database" and my products will be reisterred under MyDB database
2. when I used shortcut to check for update, the software manager will show empty, it tell me did not find any available updates, my command is "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\FLEXnet\Connect\11\ISUSPM.exe" - database "<>MyDB>"

Could you tell me what wrong with my command? Much Thanks!
grace,:confused:
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
Not applicable

I'm not sure if it's a forum oddity or not, but I wanted to make sure you don't have spaces between the - and database and that you do not have extra spaces between the database parameter and the first quote.

For example, your command-line should look similar to:

"C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\FLEXnet\Connect\11\ISUSPM.exe" -database"C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\FLEXnet\Connect\Database\MyDB"
0 Kudos
tigergrace
Level 6

bryanwolf,

Thanks for your quick response. I tried to use the same command you posted before,It still did not work,I am confusing for that. should I register the product with the code, I believe that the product can be register automatically when I create database with Vendor database on update notifications view in Installshild. And I think this is very easy for us to do it.

I want to know how do you show a suite products update? Because I hope when user select the check for upates command, it only show our group products, it will show the update fast.

I expect your answer, thanks a lot.
grace,
0 Kudos
Not applicable

The -database parameter on the Common Software Manager is generally how you would want to do this. I'm not sure why this wouldn't work, but perhaps you could attach your installer log and see if that sheds more light on the issue?
0 Kudos