cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anon_private
Level 2

Macrovision InstallShield

Hi,

I don't know where to post my message, so I am posting here.

My question relates to Macrovision - Installshield.

I have installed shield on my pc. I don't know who or why it was installed - probably installed by my pc manufacturer.

My software inspector program tells me that that installshield is no longer supported and should be uninstalled.

The update service (installed shield) - ISUSPN is configured 'check for updates for these programs'. The ticked box only indicates Installshield update manager.

I would like to uninstall Installshield, but it is not listed in 'Program and Features' (Vista Control Panel) - so cannot be uninstalled from here.

Two qestions:

Can I uninstall installshield without breaking any of my software?

2. How can I uninstall installshield (I note there is an installshield folder in 'Program Files' - 'Common Files', should I just delete this folder?

Thanks

Ps. installshield version: 3.20.0.0
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
Stefan_Krueger
Level 9

I think this site will answer some of your questions: http://consumer.installshield.com/
Essentially however, you can't uninstall Installshield without uninstalling the program that it came with.
Stefan Krueger
InstallSite.org
0 Kudos
anon_private
Level 2

Stefan Krueger wrote:
I think this site will answer some of your questions: http://consumer.installshield.com/
Essentially however, you can't uninstall Installshield without uninstalling the program that it came with.

Thanks for responding.

I have downloaded SoftwareManagerUninstall.exe and understand that this programme will remove the registry entries.

If I do this, should I manually delete the files in Program Files/ Common Files/InstallShield?

A couple of other points.

Do you know if the uninstall utility is safe, that is will the registry be unharmed?

Am I right in assuming that installshiled is not monitoring any of my programmes ( as stated: 'The update service (installed shield) - ISUSPN is configured 'check for updates for these programs'. The ticked box only indicates Installshield update manager.')?

Hence, I have nothing to lose in removing the programme.

Best wishes.

A
0 Kudos