cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
igalz1
Level 3

IProfileManager and IProfileList

Hi,

How can receive IProfileManager and IProfileList interfaces via VC++ code and not VB?
Do you have some sample?
Thanks.
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
igalz1
Level 3

Thanks I know how 🙂
0 Kudos
igalz1
Level 3

Hi,
I have another general question IProfileManager, IProfileList, and IProfile interface when and where should I use them.
I thought I can store this information on the server side.
thanks
0 Kudos
Chris_Woerner
Level 10

Typically, you would use this interface during your installation to store data you need to track on your users.

------------
Of course, you need to make sure that your relationship with your customers allow you to collect and track your data. As there are many privacy concerns, only you know if you have the type of relationship with your users to do this.

------------

So once the data is set during the installation, the Update Service will link this data to the user's unique ID (GUID) and transmit the data to the server. From there, you can view reporting on the data. There are two types of reports we are going to provide.

First, you can drill down into usage data. For example, if you see 300 users have used your "product A". You can pull up the profile data for those 300 users.

Second if you are collecting data like "operating system", you will be able to see a graph of the percentage of users for each operating system.

These graphs aren't currenly on the Publisher website, but will be shortly.
0 Kudos
igalz1
Level 3

Hello Chris,
thanks you for the information.
I just notice that you store the data in "GUID".pf file on the client machine
but couldn't find it on the Publisher Server side.
If you can tell me please where I can find all the profiles data on the Publisher Server side.

Thanks,
0 Kudos
igalz1
Level 3

Hi,

Does anybody know where I can find the profile data on the Publisher website?

Thank you.
0 Kudos