cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cnaslain
Level 3

FNC SQL script to populate missing versions

Hi,
I run a FNC instance with Oracle 10G for my company and have found that many entries in PROFILECOLLECTION are referring to missing product code and/or version.
Does anyone has created a script/procedure to automatically populate missing PC and versions?
Thanks,
Chris
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
Not applicable

Is the product code and version one that you recognize? Basically, do you expect it to be in the system, but aren't finding it?
0 Kudos
cnaslain
Level 3

For many of them, yes. These are versions that have been developed and tested by the R&D but only released as for beta or demo... But never declared as 'candidates' to talk with FNC. I have counted 300 distinct missing versions so a script would help.

PS: What is the OBJECTID field of the VERSION table?
0 Kudos
Not applicable

As you have observed, inbound profile data will be recorded independent of whether the specific product code has been observed. Creating the missing Products (and Version if also desired) is therefore optional.

Bulk populating information into the system would be done through Publisher web-services. Here I'd refer you to the product online help, if you seach for "createProduct" you'll find helpful a C# example that creates a single product and version. You'll obviously want to expand that to add your entire collection.

The ObjectID in version (and other entities) is an internally created identifier which is used to differentate between multiple instances of versions which may have identical characteristics. It's of particular value when migrating data to another Connect instance, where numeric IDs would not be sufficient.
0 Kudos