cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jason_Tait
Level 3

Erase Profile Data

I have been playing around with submitting machine profile data (eg Windows version) during development. I re-named some of the profile properties (eg changed "WindowsVersion" to "Windows Version") and now I have both sets of properties listed in the Update Service Machine Profile report filters.

I have tried using the ProfileClearValue and ProfileDelete methods but these do not seem to erase data from the Update Service.

Does anyone know how to clear these profile properties and start again?
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
Chandima
Level 7

The ProfileClearValue and ProfileDelete APIs actually delete the profile values from the client machine. Not the server. The only way to start with a clean slate is to open the database in Enterprise manager and delete the contents of the Profile and ProfileCollection tables.
0 Kudos
Jason_Tait
Level 3

Thanks Chandima, but we are running the InstallShield-hosted version of the Update Service. Do you think you could clear out these values for us?
0 Kudos
Chandima
Level 7

Hmmm, this might be a little more complicated in that case (since we have a LOT of data in those tables from other InstallShield hosted customers as well). I will send you a Personal Message shortly to get more information regarding your account. We'll see what we can do. Thanks!
0 Kudos
PBedard
Level 4

It would be nice if we could get an Interface to delete our "test" data in the Update Service web site...That's just a wish...
0 Kudos