cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tigergrace
Level 6

Com regester error

Hi,
I am using FlexNet Connect client with InstallShield for our applications. It works for my pc but in the other machines I am receiving this error:

[Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {###} failed due to the following error: 80040154.]

When looking at the registry this value does not appear, so the DLL fails (I am using .NET COM Interop) to find it.

You know the agent.exe file is installed on C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\FLEXnet\Connect\11 properly, and from the Windows-->Startup I am able to see "Software Updates" and when I try to use it goes properly without any problem...

In the Installshield 2009 I include FlexNet with Software Manager 11.1 but in VS 2005 IDE when i add reference to the project I found on the Com tab there is Acresso FlexNet Connect agent 11.5 type library, so is there conflict with software manager 11.1? and how can I make the library to 11.1 or upgrade the software manager to 11.5(ready)?

Thanks in advance,
grace,:confused:
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
Not applicable

The 11.50 and 11.01 versions of FLEXnet Connect install to the same directory, but have different COM registration data. What you would want to do is install the 11.50 FLEXnet Connect SDK on the InstallShield machine and then use the steps described in the post below to integrate 11.50 with InstallShield so you can select it in the "Update Notifications" view. Then rebuild your project and it sounds like everything should work.

This post should help you integrate 11.50 with InstallShield: http://community.flexerasoftware.com/showthread.php?t=185486
0 Kudos
tigergrace
Level 6

bryanwolf,

I greatly appreciate your timely help. I have fixed the problem just upgrade the software manager to v11.6.

grace,
🙂
0 Kudos