cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tigergrace
Level 6

Check for update

Hello,

I encountered problem when call agent.exe with C# for checking update(next useage, schedule).

1. I found the merge module of FlexNet Connect software manager 12 does not work, because it only includes FlexNet Connect software manager 11.6 or 11.1 when using dependency scanners to scan the dependency. But the FlexNet Connect software manager 11.6 can works in users PC. I want to know the reason of FlexNet Connect software manager 12 can not be found with dependency scanners. It is the time to deliver the version 12 to user.

2 The other problem is that check updates with end of installation. I make the value of "Isenabledwusfinishdialog" as 1. and then build the package with FlexNet Connect software manager 11.6, it check the update in my PC at end of istallation. but it can not check the update in user pc after installation.

So could you help to answer the quesion I asked? I appreciate very much.

grace,
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
Not applicable

The dependency scanner question is probably best directed toward the InstallShield forums themselves; however, because you know that you require the FNC merge module it's best to include it manually because of the configuration options that are required when including FNC with your product. As far as I know, the InstallShield dependency scanners aren't really designed to include merge modules that require configuration like our's does.

Could you provide more detail as to what is happening when you check for updates and by which method you are checking? For example, are you doing an AppMenu, EndOfInstall, or AppStart check for update after the installation when you test this manually? Do you happen to have a trace file handy that reproduces the issue you're seeing?
0 Kudos
tigergrace
Level 6

bryanwolf,

Thanks for you reply.

1. For the first problem, I think I used the inccorrect FNC Client 11 Type Library. In FNC help file it tells me to add FNC Client 11 Type Library is an added COM Reference, I want to know which version should I use, because I found when the FNC Client 11.5 point to agent.exe(version 12) does not work. but for version 11.6 it works. And Is there FNC Client 12 Type Library?

2. I have been used the four types(Next Usage,Scheduled,End of Installation and Manual) your company recommands. The three of them can work in version 11.6 any machine (version 12 does not work) but the End of Installation does now work in user PC with(it works in my PC, so I am confused) any version. I am sure I check the option in FLexNet Connect server and set the value of "Isenabledwusfinishdialog" as 1.

Summary, the version 11.6 can satisfy me except the type of end of installation.

Thanks for your help.
grace.
0 Kudos
Not applicable

The TypeLibrary name remains FNCClient11Lib through version 12.00. Despite the potential confusion with this name, we felt it was easier in the long run to not require our customers to change all their namespaces or use ugly assignments for scenarios where their code needs not change.

Otherwise, could you verify that the value of DWUSINTERVAL in your install is greater than zero? Occasionally this can cause your install to be unable to exercise the End Of Install update type as expected.
0 Kudos
tigergrace
Level 6

bryanwolf,

Much thanks for you help.

At present, the only problem is that the upgrade with End of installatioin, I know about it is a bug for you if the value of DWUSINTERVAL is "0". I setted it to 30.But for me, it still can get the updates, just tell me did not find the update with a wizard. I also tested in FNC server, when I select "when the user in installing your application(end of install)", it told me the software manager did not find updates for you application.

Ngcc,
0 Kudos
Not applicable

Thanks for the additional information.

You may want to get in touch with support for this one for more specific assistance. It sounds like you might be encountering some type of problem that likely requires more research and investigation to sort out.
0 Kudos
tigergrace
Level 6

bryanwolf,

Thanks a bunch,

Ngcc
0 Kudos