cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drewpt
Level 3

Changing UI for Update Manager

I was having some problems with IE 7 and my Update Manager. Half of the page was cutoff. So I uninstalled IE7 and went back to 6. This solved my problem. However, I noticed I have this web interface where others in my department have a more desktop based look. Where did this get changed on my machine? I've wiped out everything to do with Update Service yet I can't change the UI of my Update Manager.
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
KellyF
Level 9

Hi drewpt,

The IE7 issue you described was something we found/fixed for the latest FLEXnet Connect release (6.0), it also affects the IE version distributed with Vista (I know it's IE7 as well, but I'm not assuming that the exact same binaries). Granted, with IE7 still not having been released, I certainly hope they don't break things like iFrame again, but who knows.

About your "desktop" look versus "web" look, you may want to contact our Support folks about that with screenshots to help them see what you mean. I can't honestly imagine the differences that you describe, so I know screenshots would be appreciated.

Regards,
Kelly
0 Kudos
drewpt
Level 3

KellyF wrote:
Hi drewpt,

The IE7 issue you described was something we found/fixed for the latest FLEXnet Connect release (6.0), it also affects the IE version distributed with Vista (I know it's IE7 as well, but I'm not assuming that the exact same binaries). Granted, with IE7 still not having been released, I certainly hope they don't break things like iFrame again, but who knows.

About your "desktop" look versus "web" look, you may want to contact our Support folks about that with screenshots to help them see what you mean. I can't honestly imagine the differences that you describe, so I know screenshots would be appreciated.

Regards,
Kelly

Thanks Kelly. Is the latest FLEXnet Connect available to anyone with a current subscription?
0 Kudos
KellyF
Level 9

Absolutely. There's links to the latest agent on the publisher website as well as the main macrovision.com site. The hosted environment is obviously already 6.0 so it has any changes necessary to support vista/ie7 clients.

We'll be continuing to test scenarios with builds of Vista, however, if you do notice anything beginning with a more recent build and continuing for a few builds, please report it. It's stable enough now that we won't see the broke it this build/fixed it the next.

Regards,
Kelly
0 Kudos
hieu_nguyen
Level 3

how do i update "Update Manager" to fix problem w/ IE7? I could not find a link on macrovision website.
0 Kudos
drewpt
Level 3

When you logon to Update Service, there's a link somewhere on the right side.

hieu.nguyen wrote:
how do i update "Update Manager" to fix problem w/ IE7? I could not find a link on macrovision website.
0 Kudos