Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMalkareddy
Level 3

Authentication without Prompting

Hi,

We are using InstallShield Update Service (selfhosted) 3.1

When we send an update to a user who is under maintenance, it prompts for username and password.

Is it possible to give the username/password information through code rather than prompting to the end user.

Is this possible in the COM Agent? I searched for similar questions with no replies on the forum.

Could any one reply please.

Thanks,
Jagan Malkareddy
0 Kudos
(7) Replies
bruestle
Level 2

Did you ever find out how to do this? I'm looking to do the same thing.

John
0 Kudos
JMalkareddy
Level 3

Never found a reply to this question.

I hope someone from InstallShield reads this and atleast say whether its possible or NOT.

Thanks,
Jagan Malkareddy
0 Kudos
EdwinSchild
Level 4

If you read the info about version 4 you will see that it will be in there.
I've been asking for this over a year ago. So they do listen to their customers but it can take some time. 😉
0 Kudos
JMalkareddy
Level 3

Thanks EdwinSchild

That was really usefull information.

However I had to spend time finding wheres the link for Whats New in Update Service 4.0.

Here is the link, in case if anyone needs it!
http://www.installshield.com/downloads/isus/releasenotes/default.asp
0 Kudos
EdwinSchild
Level 4

One thing I don't understand is why we cannot get the Update Service 4.0. The document is over 2 weeks old and still no download available.
Can't wait to get it.
0 Kudos
KellyF
Level 9

I've been hearing that a lot... :rolleyes: 🙂

I can say that they're currently generating whole sets of numbers reflecting anything from single- to multi- processor configurations to Windows and Linux comparisons. I can also say that there's some internally used tools which are being ported currently.

I know it's tough waiting, and I find that it's even tougher sitting here and not being able to say what I'd like about it... but the time will come and hopefully very soon.

KellyF

EdwinSchild wrote:
One thing I don't understand is why we cannot get the Update Service 4.0. The document is over 2 weeks old and still no download available.
Can't wait to get it.
0 Kudos
KellyF
Level 9

Yep, we do troll the forums periodically to see if there's things we can assist with or see what people have questions about. We just don't do it constantly as we still need to focus on developing the application. :cool:

EdwinSchild wrote:
If you read the info about version 4 you will see that it will be in there.
I've been asking for this over a year ago. So they do listen to their customers but it can take some time. 😉
0 Kudos