"Create Windows Service Failed" while running Analyze User Console Config Wizard
Re-running the Analyze User Console config wizard on 5.3.2 fails with the below error:
Create Windows service failed at the step : "Start BDNA User Console service" (C:\Program Files\BDNA\User Console\bin\BDNA.NormalizeBI.Service.exe)
This issue occurs because the windows service already exists but the wizard tries to recreate the same service and errors out.
This issue has been fixed in 5.3.3. Below is the workaround for 5.3.2 customers:
1. Stop User Console service.
2. Overwrite <Install path for Data Platform>/Bin/bms.Common.dll on your system with the file attached to this KB.
3. Open <Install path for Data Platform>/conf/NBI.configuration.config, find and replace:
4. Startup User Console Service.
5. Re-run User Console Wizard.