New installation using 5.5.22 installer fails at importing configuration setps
1. Configure Data Platform Wizard is failing on the Import configuration step.
2. error message in setup.log - "Login failed for User 'BDNA_PUBLISH'"
3. You will see below info in setup.log
INFO FIPS policy setting: Enabled.
1. Double check if FIPS has enabled
- In Control Panel, click Administrative Tools, and then double-click Local Security Policy.
- In Security Settings, expand Local Policies, and then click Security Options.
- Under Policy in the right pane, double check if System cryptography: Use FIPS compliant algorithms for encryption, hashing, and signing is enabled
2. Can login directly using SQL management studio with both the BDNA and BDNA_Publish user
3. User are listed as db_own on respective databases.
This is an known issue, and has been addressed in 5.5.24. This happens because the new encryption algorithm is not compatible with the local FIPS security policy. Here are two workarounds to resolve this issue
The temporary workaround is to disable the FIPS, then you should be okay to enable it as soon as the BDNA app upgrades to 5.5.24.
A. Instructions to fix the Data Platform Install error
1. Connect to Data Platform server, and download the attached patch to the server
2. Please make sure Data Platform Configuration Wizard windows is closed and the Data Platform service is stopped.
3. Run CMD as Administrator
4. enter to "..\Data Platform\Bin"
5. run below command line to apply the patch to Data Platform server
Note, if you see any warning while performing the command line to apply the patch, please reboot the server and try it again.
B. Instructions to fix the User Console Install error
1. Login to User Console Server
2. Please make sure that Data Platform service is up.
3. Please make sure that the User Console Configure Wizard is closed, and the user console service is stopped
4. Run CMD as Administrator
5. Run below command line to apply the patch to user console server
cd D:\Program Files\BDNA\User Console\Bin
5. If still see any warn or error message while applying the patch, please reboot the User Console server and try it again