Introduction: The purpose of this article is to explain how to use the “Update User for Flexera Data Import” Fix Script in order to get the Integration user for all the inserts/updates of records by the Flexera Scoped application.
1) The script needs to be run under the Flexera Integration application scope
2) The user running the script is required to have the admin role.
3) Flexera Scoped App 5.1.1
1) Navigate to "Flexera Integration", and underneath "Advanced", you should be able to see "Fix Scripts". Please click on "Fix Scripts".
2) You will then see "Update User for Flexera Data Import". Please click this. 3) Please select lines 7-20 and click on the “toggle comment” uncomment the lines as below and replace the userID on line 8 from “admin” to the actual “Integration User” as below:
4) Please click on the “Update” button to apply the changes, located in the top right corner.
5) Please just click on "Run Fix Script", after applying the changes.
6) A pop-up prompt should appear, asking if you would like to "Proceed" or "Proceed in Background". You can select whichever one that you would like to.
7) Please navigate to "Application Logs". (*Note: You can also search for this in the search bar within ServiceNow). Then, please click "Last 2 hours". You should then be able to see a log for the ‘Update User for Flexera Data Import’ fix script, and it will indicate starting and ending of the script.
😎 To validate the Fix Script execution, please navigate to "Scheduled Data Import". (*Note: You can also search for this in the search bar within ServiceNow). Then, please click "Scheduled Data Import". Bring in the “Run as” field into the List view and then make sure the Integration User provided is updated on the 3 Scheduled Data Imports as shown below:
9) After validating, please navigate to the Fix Script and comment out the lines, and update.
on Mar 28, 202306:45 PM - edited on Mar 28, 202311:19 PM by DSood1