How to extract the Input data using BDNA Normalize Extractor
This KB article is to document the steps on how to extract/zip the input data source in detail:
1. Open <Data Platform Installation Directory>/Data Platform/Bin/Extractor.exe
2. Import the extract config file by clicking the "Browse" button.
3. Complete the Database Connection section-
- Give the Database server host name or IP for "Data Source" field.
- Give your company name for "Company Name" field, this would be used as the pre-index of the extracted file name.
- Give the "Database schema name" for "Initial Catalog" field.
- Give the login user name and password for "User ID" and "Password" separately.
- If you are using WA authentication to login, please make sure you have checked "Use Windows Authentication" box.
- Click "Test" to make sure the Database is connected.
- Please specify the output path in "Output Path" filed. Else, it will save the extracted zip file by default in the /Data Platform/Bin/ folder.
- Click "Execute" button to start extracting.
- Once it completes, you will see the below:
Here is an example:
- The extractor.exe executable file only can be run under the Bin folder, if it needs to run outside the Bin folder, please go to Flexera "Product Download Center" to download a standalone version.
- If connecting to the Database using WA model, please make sure the current logon account has the access to the database server, otherwise, please run the Extractor.exe as the DB login account.
- If you are not able to find the extractor config file, please go to Admin UI, and click on pencil icon next to the data source that needs to be extracted, then go to data source tab and click "View" button, then copy and save the queries in a file with a .config extension.