cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there single sign-on option available for admin console and user console?

Hello,

Is there single sign-on option available for admin console and user console? Can we use products like Siteminder, OAuth, Ping federation SAML etc for this? Is there fine grain authorization possible other than admin and end user?

Thanks

(1) Solution
RQuinn
By
Flexera Alumni

Hi @kumaranr ,

Currently there is no single sign on option for the Data Platform Admin and User Consoles. 

However Flexera have a single sign on item on the product roadmap where future versions of Flexera products will have single sign on functionality built in.

I haven't seen an ETA for this feature to be implemented but if we get any updates I will post back here.

Regards,

Richard

View solution in original post

(5) Replies
RQuinn
By
Flexera Alumni

Hi @kumaranr ,

Currently there is no single sign on option for the Data Platform Admin and User Consoles. 

However Flexera have a single sign on item on the product roadmap where future versions of Flexera products will have single sign on functionality built in.

I haven't seen an ETA for this feature to be implemented but if we get any updates I will post back here.

Regards,

Richard

Hi @RQuinn 

I was wondering if you have any update on this?  Also where can I find the "product roadmap where future versions of Flexera products" web page, if any?  

Thanks,

Pan

Hi @PanLuang ,

RQuinn was referring to a single sign-on option which is coming as part of Flexera's soon to be released cloud offerings  (e.g. Data Platform Cloud) which will have SSO.

At this point in time we do not have an item on the roadmap to introduce this to the on-prem product.  Our strategic roadmap is not publicly available, but one of our PMs can be lined up to talk you through it if that's something you'd be interested in.

PW

It's almost two years later ... is there a further update on Data Platform Cloud availability?

Based on your comment here, should I assume that SSO will NOT be implemented for Data Platform on-prem?

Thanks, John Anderson

@johnmanderson - correct on your assumption: there is still no current intention to add SSO support to Data Platform. With that said, I don't believe anybody has created in idea for this (under Product > Ideas menu option in Community), so you could consider adding an idea to see if there are others who would find this useful and vote on it.

The idea of "Data Platform Cloud" that was mentioned in this thread back in 2019 most closely corresponds to what today is called Flexera One IT Visibility - see https://www.flexera.com/flexera-one/it-visibility.html. While IT Visibility is not a direct like-for-like replacement for Data Platform, it is designed to meet many of the same kinds of use cases.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)